Even those who aren't fans of Game Day are fans of Game Day food--it's impossible to deny it's excellence in all forms. One of it's best creations is the slider and we have a recipe that brings in three of the things that make Game Day even better: bacon, bourbon, and BBQ.
This recipe for Bacon Bourbon BBQ chicken sliders is INSANELY DELICIOUS, super easy, and will be the first thing devoured! If you have any culinary-inclined kids, this is a great recipe for them to make while you're prepping something else!
- 12 Hawaiian bread slider buns, split
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded*
- 1 Jar Bacon Bourbon BBQ sauce
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda, grated
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Brush a 9x13 casserole dish with butter and, optionally, place parchment paper on bottom.
- Place bottoms of slider buns in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together shredded chicken with the bbq sauce and spread chicken equally across the buns.
- Evenly sprinkle mozzarella, red onion, gouda, and cilantro across the chicken topped sliders.
- Place the top buns on top of the sliders, cover with foil, and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove foil from the pan. Brush each bun with butter. Bake, uncovered, for another ten minutes, or until tops are golden. Serve immediately.