Did you know pecans are the OFFICIAL beer nut of the Guinness corporation?
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a little West Texas twist with this recipe for Guinness Glazed Pecans:
- 4 1/2 c. roasted pecans halves
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 c. Guinness Beer
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 T. bacon grease
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and reserve 2 T. of the grease.
- Once cooled, chop the bacon into fine pieces.
- Put the Guinness, brown sugar, salt and bacon grease into a medium pot, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook down for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on this and stir often or else it will boil over.
- After 20 minutes, stir in the chopped bacon.
- Place the pecans in a large bowl and pour the glaze on top.
- Stir gently so the pecans don’t break up and then spread out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes then let cool for 10.
- Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container for up to a week.