Brussels Sprouts get a bad rap but when done right they make a memorably delicious Thanksgiving side.
BONUS: This dish looks BEAUTIFUL on a plate, and the candied pecan recipe you can use all year round for snacking!
- 1lb Brussels Sprouts, Halved
- 4 Slices Chopped Bacon
- 1.5 Cup Pecan Halves
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Pecan Syrup
- Fry bacon in skillet until crip; set aside keeping bacon fat.
- Pour bacon fat over brussels sprouts in a bowl, and mix with salt and pepper. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment and roast in oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- CANDY THE PECANS: In a heated skillet, toast pecans for 3 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and brown sugar and stir continuously until sugar begins to melt. Add in water and keep stirring until water is evaporated, sugar has turned into a very light glaze, and pecans are candied. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in oven with sprouts at 350 for 7 minutes.
- Combine roasted Brussels Sprouts, Candied Pecans, Chopped Bacon, & Toasted Pecan Syrup in a large bowl and toss to coat. Serve.