If you're in the South, it's hard to get past an October or a Thanksgiving without having a slice (or eight) of Sweet Potato Pie. Sweet potato, boiled and mashed, is then turned into velvety-custardy goodness spiked with the quintessential fall spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, and sometimes even ginger. It's one of those freshly baked pies everyone wants their home smelling like during the season.
Now there's usually two issues people run into when baking:
- They don't know how
- They don't have the time
This is the pie recipe that solves both of these. Our recipes takes a jar of Sweet Potato Pecan Butter, adds only 4 other common ingredients, and requires no skills outside of "stir together."
Now most sweet potato pie recipes are going to look like this:
- Boil Potatoes
- Roll Out Pie Dough
- Prepare Potatoes
- Make Filling
WOW!! Sweet potato pie is always worth the effort, but sometimes can be too time consuming--especially during this hectic season! Here's how our sweet potato pie recipe looks like:
- Roll Out Dough
- Whisk Filling Ingredients Together
An easier recipe with the exact same powerhouse flavor--and the addition of our favorite nut? Sign us up!
If you're needing a jar of Sweet Potato Pecan Butter for your pie, or want to send one to your favorite family or friend home baker, check this out. We also have limited edition pie plates that you'll want to pass down for generations!
Here's the easiest sweet potato pie recipe you'll ever use:
- 1 jar Pecan Ridge Sweet Potato Pecan Butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Pecan Ridge Halves or Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk all ingredients besides pecans in medium bowl to blend. Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling in unbaked 9" pie shell.
- Bake set and slightly puffed, about 1 hour.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool completely before cutting.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream if desired!