A Fall and Winter side dish favorite, these sweet potatoes are buttery, extra saucy, and will soon become such a favorite in your house that your family won't want to limit them to only a couple months out of the year.
BONUS: This recipe is SUPER EASY! In fact, if any of your kids like learning about the kitchen, this is a great recipe to have them working on while you focus on the main!
4 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing
4 medium yams or sweet potatoes, peeled
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Pecan Ridge Toasted Pecan Syrup
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Optional: Toasted Pecan Pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter a 9x13" baking dish.
- Cut each of the potatoes into 8 evenly shaped wedges. Lay them out in the prepared baking dish in an even layer.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and allow to dissolve. Mix in syrup and nutmeg and cook until smooth. Pour the glaze over the potatoes.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced. Sprinkle toasted pecan pieces over top, if desired.